Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Each family is required to volunteer 36 hours per school year per child enrolled, in order to involve the entire family in the education of your children. Please see below for current volunteer opportunities.
Don't forget to log your volunteer hours!
Please download and fill out this form and turn it in to the office. Keeping track of how many hours our parents volunteer in our school helps us with our school accreditation. It's very important!
Check back soon for more 2015-2016 School Year Volunteer Opportunities!
Parent Volunteer Opportunities at The Capitol School for February:
- Attend the Parent Education Seminar on Thursday, Feb. 25 to hear speaker, Dr. Jarrett, Director of University of Alabama Anxiety Clinic.
- Attend the Sunday, Feb. 14 UA Women's Gymnastics Meet at 3:00 and sign in at the tables on theconcourse to support our school. The school with the most signatures gets $1,000 of free librarybooks! Tickets can be obtained at the door or online at RollTide.com for $1.00.
- Before Feb. 22, buy a $20 coupon book from the PTC (coupons for many restaurants in town). Pick them up in the office for parents to sell (not children). We only have 150 books!
- We need a host family for 7 nights for a college senior who is an intern at Capitol Preschool. Her host family will be out of town between March 8 - 14. Ching Ya Yang is from Taiwan and speaks Chinese as her first language & would be so happy to help your children learn Chinese!
- Start a Chess Club for students at our school to meet at a time convenient for you!
- Purchase brown rubber mulch (not shredded) for under the Preschool playground equipment. Or, purchase playsand and add it to the preschool or nursery sand boxes.
- Design and install a "Four Square" court on the park.
- Volunteer to read a book in one of our 13 languages of our elementary book collection from our Childrens' International Library. Times can be scheduled for 20 min. so you have time to read about 3 books. Earn a full hour's credit for coming! Sign up to read any Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Help design & build a new elem. playground located between the red building & preschool.
- Attend a Parent Conference on Thursday, March 10 or Friday, March 11.
- Plan ahead for International Festival at 5:00 on April 26 to make a small table display about your family's heritage and home country. (earn up to 5 hours of volunteer credit).